see further down this web log for times/directions and general info
* The Nora Batty Challenge- just like Nora's stockings, it's 1 mile of either up or down! This is an ADDITIONAL event for fun from the same location on road that we've added. It'll be a voluntary mass start after you're all back from the trail between (this is approximate!!) 1-2pm on a narrow traffic free lane. No entry fee for this AND there wwill be spot prizes to some winners AND losers!
* Trail route- has now been tested by three testers. You will not get lost as long as you can read. Distance is 8.6 miles. At time of typing this (23.9.07) you could run it in your carpet slippers.
* Private paths and trails- there are several private tracks and paths on this trail. Access has kindly been allowed on race day only by farmers Martin Matthews, Simon Marriage, Chris Simpson and Peter Matthews.
* Water Stop There will be a self serve stop at approximately five miles
* EssexAir Ambulance- As you all already know, all proceeds will go to this worthy cause. The helicopter running costs are funded 100% by donations such as ours. As countryside runners, we benfit from it's availability. Please bring any loose change that yyou have lying about the house/car. There will be a donation box. There will also be an Essex Air Ambulance spokeman available to answer any questions that you may have
* Batty Burgers will be availailable at £2 e.
* parking- different field to last year but will be signposted. Plenty of space
* Bring a bottle/friends/chairs and stay for as long as you like
PLEASE REMEMBER- NO STARTS BEFORE 10.30!!!!!!